Mark Lee is a Canadian rapper, singer and songwriter, now based in South Korea and known for being a member of the South Korean boy group NCT.
Just a simple reminder that article is created and owned only by biographypedia.org. Article cannot be re-published in any other pages or documents. Copyright is protected by DMCA. All found copies will be reported.
Original source: https://biographypedia.org/who-is-mark-from-nct-group-members-biography-2020/
Early Life and Educational Background
Mark Lee was born on the 2nd of August 1999, in Vancouver, British Colombia Canada – his Korean name is Lee Min Hyung, but his stage name is Mark. He has an older brother, but there is little information regarding his parents , except that when he was six, his father decided to shift the family to South Korea.
Initially, Mark was upset at the huge change of environment but gradually adjusted to the new culture. He attended Eonju Middle School and then enrolled at the Seoul School of Performing Arts, where he became fond of playing the guitar. He graduated from the school in February of 2018, majoring in the Practical Dance Department.
Career as a Singer and Songwriter
Mark’s career began when he entered the global “S.M. Global Audition” held in Canada in 2012, From which Mark was chosen and entered a rigorous training group under S.M Entertainment; South Korea’s largest entertainment company focuses on finding and developing the best talents in the music industry, including many of K-pops biggest stars.
In December of 2013, he began pre-debut training in a group called SM Rookies, and continued there until April, 2016 when he was confirmed as a member of NCT (Neo Culture Technology) and the new sub-group NCT U, alongside five other members of SM Rookies. He became the rapper and vocalist in the group.
That same month, Mark and four other group mates released their debut single entitled “The 7th Sense”, which he co-wrote with group mate Taeyong.
They appeared on the reality show “Exo 90:2014” where they performed songs amd recreated iconic music videos.
The group also appeared on “The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” in 2015. In July of 2016, SM Entertainment named Mark in sub-group NCT 127, which debut with “NCT #127” and “Fire Truck”. In August, he was transferred again to become a member of NCT Dream, another sub-group, alongside Haechan, Jeno, Renjun, Jisung, Jaemin and Chenle. They released their debut single entitled “Chewing Gum” in the same month.
In September of 2016, he was featured on the original soundtrack of KBC’s “Sweet Stranger and Me” entitled “Going Through Your Heart”, his first solo performance. In January of 2017, Mark joined the hip hop reality TV show “High School Rapper” and reached the finals, coming 7th in the competition. He also appeared in the music show “Snowball Project” alongside Park Jae-jung, and produced “Lemonade Love” in July.
In February of 2018, he joined the music program “Show! Music Core” as an emcees, but left the show a year later to concentrate on NCT.
He was also a cast member of MBC’s “It’s Dangerous Beyond The Blankets” and released the single “Dream Me” for KBS drama “The Ghost Detective”.
In December of 2018, Mark graduated from NCT Dream, the first member to do so, and was confirmed to be the youngest member of K-Pop super group “SuperM” under SM Entertainment and Capitol Records in August 2019. Their debut EP was released in October with the lead single entitled “Jopping”.
— mark pics¹²⁷ (@nctmarkarchive) November 13, 2019
Currently the rapper isn’t in a known relationship, and usually refrains from the topic, although he’s said that his ideal girl would have long, black hair.
Awards and Achievements
- He is the only member of NCT to have featured in all three units, and was nicknamed “Pro Debut Idol” for debuting three times in 2016.
- He was nominated for the Rookie Award in Music / Talk Show – Male at the 18th MBC Entertainment Awards for his work on “Show! Music Core”.
Hobbies, Favorite Things and Interesting Facts
- Mark’s zodiac sign is Leo, and his Chinese Zodiac Sign is Rabbit.
- He speaks fluent English and Korean.
- His older brother convinced and encouraged him to pursue a career as a musician.
- His favorite foods include cookies, kimchi, jajangmyeon and chocolate.
- His favorite drinks are Coca-Cola and banana milk.
- Chris Brown, Beyoncé and Coldplay are his favorite artists, while R&B, dance, groovy and rap make up his favorite music genres.
- His idols are SHINee’s Minho and EXO’s Xiumin.
- His favorite sports are badminton and ice skating.
- When he was younger, Mark desired to be an author, and an ice cream man!
- His favorite subjects in school included Writing and Language Arts.
- Canada is his favorite place, because of its weather.
- According to the members of his group, Mark not only talks but also raps in English and Korean in his sleep.
- He likes to listen to music before he sleeps, and has a habit of sleeping with a pillow between his legs.
- Working on his self confidence is the hardest thing to do according to Mark.
- He feels uncomfortable travelling on airplanes.
- Among his group mates he is known to laugh the most.
- By religion, he is a Christian Protestant.
Appearance and Clothing Style
Mark Lee is a male of Canadian nationality and Asian ethnicity. He has brown hair and black eyes. He stands at a height of 5ft 9ins (1.74m) and weighs about 132 lbs (60kgs). As of 2020, the artist is 21 years old.
Net Worth and Salary
As of early 2020, NCT’s Mark Lee’s net worth is reportedly over $1.2 million from his K-Pop work, likely to increase as he furthers his singing and songwriting career.