• Helen McCrory is a British actress with a number of successful on screen and stage appearances
• She was born in Paddington, London in 1968, and attended Queenswood School and the Drama Centre London
• Her rise to fame came with the role of Narcissa Malfoy in the “Harry Potter” franchise and Polly Gray in “Peaky Blinders”
• She is married to fellow actor Damian Lewis and they have two children together
• Helen has won numerous awards and has a net worth of $5 million
- 1 Who is Helen McCroy?
- 2 Helen McCrory Biography- Age, Childhood, and Education
- 3 Career Start
- 4 Rise to Stardom
- 5 Most Recent Projects
- 6 Stage Career
- 7 Helen McCrory Awards
- 8 Helen McCrory Net Worth, Body Statistics, Height, Weight, and Appearance
- 9 Helen McCrory Personal Life, Marriage, Husband, Children
- 10 Helen’s Husband, Damian Lewis
Who is Helen McCroy?
Helen McCrory is a British actress, who has achieved great fame with a number of successful appearances both on screen and on stage. Some of the on-screen appearances include the role of Narcissa Malfoy in the last three films from the “Harry Potter” franchise, then as Polly Gray in the TV drama series “Peaky Blinders”, among numerous other appearances.
Helen McCrory Biography- Age, Childhood, and Education
Helen Elizabeth McCroy – now OBE – was born on the 17th August 1968, in Paddington, London England; she is the daughter of Iain McCrory, a Scottish diplomat from Glasgow, and Anne, who is Welsh.
Helen McCrory so beautiful at the Hugo premiere (2011).
Posted by Helen McCrory Fans on Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Helen has two younger siblings. Helen attended Queenswood School, and after matriculation spent a year in Italy. Helen then returned to England and began studying acting at the Drama Centre, London.
Helen started her career on stage in 1990, when she was chosen for the part of Gwendolen Fairfax in Oscar Wilde’s play “The Importance of Being Earnest”. The same year she made a few more appearances, including in “Macbeth”, while in 1991 she was Lydia Bennet in the play “Pride and Prejudice”. She has remained active in theaters until the present day, making numerous popular appearances, of which we will speak a bit later. She started auditioning for on-screen roles, and made her debut in 1993 in the TV series “Full Stretch”.
She continued with minor roles, and made her film debut as Lola in the thriller film “Uncovered” (1994), and also appeared in the horror-drama film “Interview with the Vampire”, starring Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, and Antonio Banderas. Three years later, Helen starred in the comedy-crime film “The James Gang” (1987), next to John Hannah and Jason Flemyng.
The new millennium started very well for Helen, as she secured a role in the award-winning comedy film “Hotel Splendide” (2000), with Toni Collette, Daniel Craig and Katrin Cartlidge in the lead roles, then she was Rose Fitzgerald in the TV series “North Square” (2000), and in 2003 featured in all four episodes of the Primetime Emmy Award-nominated drama series “The Last King”.
Two years later she was Casanova’s mother in the adventure comedy-drama film “Casanova”, starring Heath Ledger and Sienna Miller.
Rise to Stardom
With new roles, Helen was slowly making it in Hollywood, and one of her most prominent roles came in 2009 when she was selected for the part of Narcissa Malfoy in the fantasy adventure drama film “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince”. She repeated the role in two further films in the series – “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1” (2010), and “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2” (2011).
She had a notable role in the Academy-Award winning fantasy drama film “Hugo”, also in 2011, while in 2012 she starred in the drama film “Flying Blind”, accompanied by Kenneth Cranham and Tristan Gemmill. She was Bond girl in the 2012 Academy Award-winning “Skyfall”, starring Daniel Craig, then secured the role of Polly Gray in the TV series “Peaky Blinders” (2013-2019), the role that brought her international fame, while from 2014 to 2015 she was Madame Kali in the TV series “Penny Dreadful”.
Most Recent Projects
Since 2015, Helen has worked on numerous projects, including the Academy Award-winning biopic about Vincent Van Gogh entitled “Loving Vincent” (2017), then portrayed Kathryn Villiers, one of the main characters in the TV thriller drama mini-series “MotherFatherSon”.
Most recently, she started portraying Stelmaria in the TV fantasy-drama series “His Dark Materials” (2019), and is working on the new TV series “Quiz”, which is currently in post-production and scheduled for premiere late in 2020.
Despite the development of her on-screen career, Helen remained true to the stage, and from the ‘90s until the present has featured in a number of popular plays. In 1995 she was Lady Macbeth in “Macbeth”, then in 1999 she was Princess Leonide in the play “The Triumph of Love”, while in 2002 she was Olivia in “Twelfth Night”. Most recently, Helen was Medea in the play of the same name in 2014, and in 2016 she portrayed Hester Collyer in the play “The Deep Blue Sea”.
Helen McCrory Awards
Throughout her career, Helen has won numerous awards for her work, including the Shakespeare Globe Award in the category Richard Burton Award for Most Promising Newcomer for her work on “Macbeth” (1995), and Best Actress by London Film Critics’ Circle for her work on “North Square”, among other recognitions and honors, including the Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE), presented to her in the Queen’s 2017 New Year’s Honors List.
Helen McCrory Net Worth, Body Statistics, Height, Weight, and Appearance
Helen has not only earned fame, but also fortune through her career, and if you wondered, Helen McCrory’s net worth is as high as $5 million, as of early 2020.
View this post on Instagram
– This has to be one of my favourite photos of her. – I feel like I am letting you guys down on this account for some reason but that also may be because I, myself, feel let down by what I see on other Helena accounts. It's a popularity race, people. It's turning into the Harry Potter fandom on Insta. I left my HP account for a reason and that wasn't because I didn't have time. We are all fans of the same things and when we post something personal or decide to change our account, we should stick the hell together anyway! Because we are passionate about other things, not just Helena! Show love for fellow accounts because believe it or not, you're not the only one who needs support, love and care. You have my word that I will not unfollow those who are not shallow, snide, crass assholes. ✋ – #helenmccrory #narcissamalfoy #narcissa #malfoy #harrypotter #peakyblinders #pennydreadful #madamekali #auntpolly #doctorwho #vampiresofvenice #cissatrix #rosannacalvierri
Helen is in her 50s, but is acknowledged as having retained great looks; she stands at 5ft 3ins (1.6m) tall, weighs around 128lbs ~ 58kgs, and her vital statistics are 34-24-35, while her bra size is 34B. Helen has brown eyes and light brown hair.
Helen McCrory Personal Life, Marriage, Husband, Children
Helen is an open book when it comes to her personal life; she lives in Suffolk with her husband, Damian Lewis, and their two children, daughter Manon born in 2006, and son Gulliver, who was born on the 2nd November 2007. Helen and Damian have been married since July of 2007.
Helen’s Husband, Damian Lewis
Born Damian Watcyn Lewis on the 11th February 1971 in St John’s Wood, London England to Charlotte Mary and John Watcyn Lewis, he is an actor, best known to the world as Richard Winters in the TV mini-series “Band of Brothers”, and also as Bobby Axelrod in the TV series “Billions” (2016-2019). Most recently, he was Steve McQueen in the film “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” (2019). He has one Golden Globe Award to his name, won for his work on the TV crime-series “Homeland”.
Damian Lewis’ net worth is estimated to be around $14 million.