• Eloise Mumford is an American film and television actress, most popular for her roles in the television series “The River” and “Lone Star”, as well as the film series “Fifty Shades Of Gray”.
• She attended New York University’s Tisch School of Arts and Atlantic Acting School, training to be an actress.
• Her breakthrough role came when she was cast to play Anastasia Steele’s roommate, Kate Kavanagh, in the erotic drama “Fifty Shades Of Grey”.
• She is an active social media user, and is in a relationship with an unknown man.
• She has an estimated net worth of $2 million.
Known for movies
|Date Of Birth||September 24, 1986|
|Fact||A Native of the Pacific Northwest, Graduated NYU's Tisch School of The Arts in Summer 2009 where she studied with the Atlantic Theatre Company.|
Eloise Mumford is an American film and television actress, most popular for her roles in the television series “The River” and “Lone Star”, as well as the film series “Fifty Shades Of Gray”.
Early life and educational background
Eloise Mumford was born on the 24th of September 1986 in Olympia, Washington State USA, to parents Nancy Smith and Tom Mumford. She is the middle child of the family with an older sister Anna, and a younger brother Kai.
She comes from a well-educated background – her mother is a teacher and her father is a marine biologist. After being home-schooled for most of her early years, she attended Nova Middle School, Annie Wright School in Tacoma, and Capital High School in Olympia. She starred in many high school plays, and even performed at the Capital Playhouse in Olympia. In 2009, Mumford graduated from New York University’s Tisch School of Arts with a degree in Acting.
She is also an alumni of Atlantic Acting School, where she trained to be an actress.
In 2008, she made her TV debut while still in college, in four episodes of the drama entitled “Crash”, but which had mostly negative reviews, and ended after the second season. A year later, she starred alongside Jesse Eisenberg in the short film entitled “Boys Don’t Cry” as The Girl, and made a few guest appearances in shows including “Mercy” and “Law and Order: Special Victims Unit”. H
er performance in the short film was praised by critics and landed her more roles.
Additionally, she was the understudy to Elizabeth Moss in the Broadway-produced “Speed the Plow”. Shortly after graduation, Mumford earned her first prominent role in the series “Lone Star”, followed by “The River”, and then appeared in several television, shows such as “Christmas with Holly”, “Chicago Fire” and “A Veteran’s Christmas”, and starred in films including “So Undercover”, “In The Blood” and “Not Safe For Work”.
Her breakthrough role came when she was cast to play Anastasia Steele’s roommate, Kate Kavanagh, in the erotic drama “Fifty Shades Of Grey” in 2015. The film – based on E.L. James’ book of the same name— was a huge box office success, breaking a number of records and grossing a worldwide total of $571 million against a small budget of $40 million. She reprised the role in the sequels “Fifty Shades Darker” in 2017, and “Fifty Shades Freed” in 2018. In 2019, she starred alongside Billy Crystal in the comedy film “Standing Up, Falling Down” directed by Matt Retner.
The actress has managed to keep some aspects of her life—including her relationships— private. Apparently the actress is not only single, but has never been engaged or married to anyone. However, based on her posts on Instagram, the actress seems to be in a relationship with an unknown man. She is yet to reveal his name and their relationship status, although they seem to share an intimate relationship. Fans have speculated that the mystery man is a fellow actor, who mostly works in the theatre.
Hobbies, favorite things and interesting facts
- Her favorite hobby is camping and she enjoys being surrounded by nature.
- The actress identifies herself as a feminist.
- In 2012, the actress appeared on the cover of HILuxury Magazine.
- At the age of seven, a production of “South Pacific” at her local theatre inspired her to perform in several school and theatre plays.
- Her star sign is Libra.
- In an interview with Coveteur she revealed that she initially wanted to be a doctor, nurse or a high school math teacher – she even applied for pre-med studies, but also acting.
- She took a gap year after high school to teach English to children of East European nations, and was transformed by the experience, making her realize her dream of acting.
- Mumford’s grandmother and mother lived in Waikiki, Hawaii for a couple of years, and she taught scuba diving in Hanauma Bay.
- She would love to work with directors Darren Aronofsky and David Fincher.
- Her idols include Kate Winslet and Cate Blanchett.
Happy birthday to Eloise Mumford! Do you remember which Christmas movie this was from?
Posted by Hallmark Movies & Mysteries on Saturday, September 24, 2016
Appearance and clothing style
Eloise is an American female of Caucasian ethnicity. Her height is 5ft 8ins (1.7m), she weighs 128lbs (58 kgs), with vital statistics of 36-24-34. The actress is a blonde-haired, blue-eyed beauty at the current age of 34 years. She is very active on her social media accounts on Twitter and Instagram.
Net Worth and Salary
Through her mostly successful career as a television and film actress, Eloise has an impressive net worth of around $2 million as estimated by authoritative sources. Similarly, her salary per role in movies and shows is between $40,000 and $120,000 according to Bio Gossip.
|Full Name||Eloise Mumford|
|Date Of Birth||September 24, 1986|
|Education||New York University, Tisch School of the Arts|
|Parents||Tom Mumford, Nancy Smith|
|Siblings||Kai Mumford, Anna Mumford|
|Movies||Fifty Shades Darker, Fifty Shades of Grey, Not Safe for Work, In the Blood, Drones, Christmas with Holly, So Undercover, Some Boys Don't Leave, Buried Treasure|
|TV Shows||Lone Star|
Social profile links
|1||A Native of the Pacific Northwest, Graduated NYU's Tisch School of The Arts in Summer 2009 where she studied with the Atlantic Theatre Company.|
|Fifty Shades Darker||2017||Kate Kavanagh|
|Just in Time for Christmas||2015||TV Movie||Lindsay Rogers|
|The Night Is Young||2015/I||Syd|
|Fifty Shades of Grey||2015||Kate|
|Not Safe for Work||2014||Anna Newton|
|In the Blood||2014/I||Sandy Grant|
|Warriors||2014||TV Movie||Dr. Stacey Weebling|
|Reckless||2013||TV Movie||Sarah Harrison|
|Christmas with Holly||2012||TV Movie||Maggie Conway|
|Buried Treasure||2012||Short||Mark's Wife|
|The River||2012||TV Series||Lena Landry|
|Lone Star||2010||TV Series||Lindsay Holloway|
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||2009||TV Series||Vanessa|
|Some Boys Don't Leave||2009||Short||Girl|
|Crash||2008||TV Series||Megan Emory|
|Today||2015||TV Series||Herself - Guest|
|The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson||2012||TV Series||Herself - Guest|
|Good Morning America||2012||TV Series||Herself - Guest|
|Jimmy Kimmel Live!||2012||TV Series||Herself - Guest|
Source: IMDb, Wikipedia