• William Bumpus is a 65-year-old lawyer and former assistant attorney general of Connecticut with an estimated net worth of over $20 million.
• He is of dual British and American nationality with mixed ethnicity and has over four decades of experience in the legal industry.
• He is best known as the ex-husband of famous journalist Gayle King and the couple have two children.
• William is single and enjoys reading books, listening to music, and traveling in his spare time.
• Gayle King is an editor-at-large for the Oprah Winfrey Magazine and has worked as a news anchor, special correspondent and co-anchor of the CBS News show “CBS This Morning”.
- 1 Who is William Bumpus?
- 2 How rich is he, as of now? William Bumpus Net Worth and Assets
- 3 Early Life, Nationality, Ethnicity, Educational Background
- 4 Professional Career
- 5 Appearance and Vital Statistics
- 6 Popularity through His Marriage to Gayle King
- 7 William and Gayle’s Children
- 8 Life after Divorces, His Hobbies and Favorites
- 9 Ex-Wife Gayle King
Who is William Bumpus?
William G. Bumpus was born in 1954 in Greenwich, South East London, England, and is a 65-year-old lawyer, recognized for being the assistant attorney general of Connecticut. He is also known as the ex-husband of famous journalist Gayle King.
How rich is he, as of now? William Bumpus Net Worth and Assets
William Bumpus’ net worth is over $20 million, earned from his successful career as a lawyer, with over four decades of experience and hard work.
Early Life, Nationality, Ethnicity, Educational Background
William Bumpus was raised in his hometown of London by his parents. Upon matriculation, he moved to the US and settled in Connecticut, where he enrolled into Central Connecticut State University. Thereafter, he furthered his education at the prestigious Yale Law School, in New Haven, Connecticut, and there earned his law degree. He has dual British and American nationality, and is of mixed ethnicity.
Right after graduation, William started his professional career as the assistant attorney general of Connecticut in 1980. After working there for a year, he left the position to work as a civil attorney, but joined the government once again and served as Connecticut Assistant Attorney Criminal Prosecutor. Thanks to his hard work, William was soon promoted to work as an attorney in charge of representing DCF in such court cases as Children Abuse and Neglect. He still works there, and is specialized in the Termination of Parental Rights.
— wikiglobals (@wikiglobals) March 8, 2019
Appearance and Vital Statistics
- Short dark brown hair
- Dark brown eyes
- Height – 6ft 1ins (1.85m)
- Weight – 187lbs (85kgs)
- Vital Statistics – 42-32-37
- Biceps Size – 16ins
- Shoe Size – 12 (US)
Popularity through His Marriage to Gayle King
William Bumpus and renowned journalist Gayle King started dating in 1981, and they eventually exchanged their wedding vows at a private ceremony held in the following year. After eight years of marriage, Gayle filed for divorce, citing his infidelity as the main reason; he was caught with another woman in June of 1990. Their divorce was finalized in 1993 – William finally admitted the affair and apologized to Gayle in 2016.
William and Gayle’s Children
The couple had two children – their first child, a daughter named Kirby Bumpus, and then a son named William Bumpus, Jr. The godmother of their children is TV celebrity Oprah Winfrey, who is the best friend of Gayle. Their daughter Kirby graduated with a BA degree in Human Biology and Psychology from Stanford University in 2008, while their son went to Duke University, and graduated in 2009. Kirby previously served at the US Department of Health and Human Services, and currently works as the Head of Social Impact and Inclusion at Sweetgreen. Son William is involved in the entertainment industry.
Life after Divorces, His Hobbies and Favorites
- It is believed that William Bumpus is single at the moment.
- In his spare time, he enjoys reading books and listening to music.
- He also likes traveling – his favorite holiday destination is Miami, Florida.
- William’s favorite actor and actress are Vin Diesel and Jennifer Lawrence.
- His favorite cuisine is Mexican.
Ex-Wife Gayle King
Gayle King was born on the 28th December of 1954 under the sign of Capricorn, in Chevy Chase, Maryland USA. She spent her childhood time divided between her hometown and Turkey, where her father, Scott King, worked as an electrical engineer, while her mother, Peggy King, was a housewife. She attended an American school in Turkey, and later enrolled in the University of Maryland, from which she obtained a degree in Sociology and Psychology in 1976.
Right after graduation, Gayle started working as a production assistant for WJZ-TV, based in Baltimore, and then as a reporter for WUSA-TV in Washington, D.C. She subsequently moved to Kansas City, Missouri, and there joined the WDAF-TV network as a general-assignment reporter and weekend anchor.
Rise to Prominence
Between 1981 and 1999, Gayle worked as a news anchor at WSFB, located in Hartford, Connecticut, during that stint winning an Emmy Award. In 1999, she got a chance to work as an editor-at-large for Oprah Winfrey’s monthly magazine “O, The Oprah Magazine”.
In September of 2006, Gayle launched her own “The Gayle King Show”, broadcast on the XM Satellite Radio station until 2011, when it was moved to the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN). However, the show was ended in November of 2011 when she took a new job as a co-anchor of the CBS News’ show “CBS This Morning”. Prior to joining them, Gayle also worked in the position of a special correspondent for the ABC morning television show “Good Morning America”. Thanks to her hard work, she was inducted into the Broadcasting & Cable Hall of Fame in 2018, and then was named as one of the 100 most influential people by the ‘Time’ magazine in 2019.