• Zoe Boyle is an English actress known for her roles in Downton Abbey and Sons of Anarchy.
• She grew up watching movies with her father and TV shows with her mother, which inspired her to pursue a career in acting.
• She is considered to be one of the most popular English actresses and is currently part of the cast of Frontier and Death in Paradise.
• Zoe is rumored to have dated several actors, but her current relationship status is unknown.
• Her net worth is estimated to be more than $2 million.
Known for movies
- 1 Zoe Boyle Wiki Biography
- 2 Childhood and education
- 3 Career of an actress
- 4 Most popular English actresses of today
- 5 Zoe’s love life and relationships
- 6 Hobbies and other interests
- 7 Appearance and net worth
- 8 Social media presence
- 9 General Info
- 10 Accomplishments
- 11 Social profile links
- 12 Pictures
- 13 Movies
- 14 Awards
Zoe Boyle Wiki Biography
Zoe Boyle was born in England UK on 1 January 1989 so under the zodiac sign of Capricorn and holding British nationality – she is popular for her acting career, especially for her roles in “Downton Abbey” and “Sons of Anarchy” TV series.
Childhood and education
Zoe hasn’t shared much about her parents as she respects their privacy and prefers to keep them away from media’s attention – it is known that her mother was a ballerina, while her father worked as a barrister. She hasn’t mentioned having any siblings which is why she is considered to be an only child.
Zoe grew up watching movies with her father, and TV series with her mother which is how she became interested in acting – her mother kept telling her about all these popular actresses living in Hollywood, and Zoe decided to become one of them someday. She was a normal teen throughout high school and had many friends – she often went partying with her peers, but was also quite good at school as she had high grades.
After she matriculated from high school, she enrolled at the University of London’s Royal Central School of Speech & Drama, and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in 2006.
Career of an actress
Zoe launched her career two years after she graduated, while she worked several jobs in the meantime to be able to financially support herself.
Her career as an actress was officially launched in 2008 when she appeared in the “Sons of Anarchy” TV crime drama series – it follows the story of a biker who is trying to be a father and a member of an outlaw motorcycle club at the same time. She became popular for this role, and then went on to win the other role she is popular for today, of Lavinia Swire in “Downton Abbey” in 2010 – this TV drama romance series follows the lives of the British aristocratic Crawley family, and those who served them at the beginning of the 20th century.
After these successes, Zoe went on to appear in “Breathless” TV series in 2013, and then “Blandings” in 2014. She was part of the cast of the “Witless” BBC Three comedy drama for two years from 2016 to 2018, while she also joined the “Frontier” TV series’ cast in the same year of 2016, and has been with them ever since. After “Frontier”, she has only appeared in “Death in Paradise” in 2018, and “Four Weddings and a Funeral” miniseries in 2019.
Zoe has also appeared in two theatre plays – as a Lady in Waiting in “King Lear” in 2008 with the Royal Shakespeare Company, and Maggie in “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof” in 2012 with the West Yorkshire Playhouse. She has also appeared in a single movie, as Emma Greenwood in “Freeloaders” shot in 2012.
Most popular English actresses of today
England has given birth to numerous actresses and some of them have become known worldwide for their skills and performances. The Ranker website has compiled the list of the most popular English actresses, and we are going to mention five of them:
- Fifth place is held by Emma Thompson who is now 60 years old, and is popular for her roles in “Tutti Frutti” and “Fortunes of War” shot in 1989, “Love Actually” shot in 2003”, and “Men in Black 3” shot in 2012;
- Helen Mirren is in fourth place, and is now 74 years old, and in a 50-year career is most popular for her roles in “Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover” shot in 1989, “Hitchcock” shot in 2012, and “Red” and “Red 2” shot in 2010 and 2013;
- In third place is Maggie Smith, who is 84 years-old, and after a 60-year career, she now is most popular for her role of Professor Minerva McGonagall in the “Harry Potter” franchise shot from 2001 to 2011;
- Second place is held by Kate Winslet who has appeared in several evergreen movies including the popular romance movie “Titanic” shot in 1997, and the science fiction romance movie “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” shot in 2004;
- Top of the list is Judi Dench, who became popular thanks to her appearances in several Shakespearean plays including her roles of Ophelia in “Hamlet”, Juliet in “Romeo and Juliet”, and Lady Macbeth in “Macbeth”, also as ‘M’ in the James Bond franchise.
Zoe might be a popular actress but she is nowhere to be found in the list of the most popular actresses of English origin, yet.
Zoe’s love life and relationships
Zoe is very secretive when it comes to her love life as she hasn’t shared any details of her past and present affairs with the public.
In 2016 she was rumored to be dating a man who was part of the cast of the “Witless” TV series, – they met for the first time on the set. It didn’t take them long to fall for one another, and spend more and more time together while not making their relationship official. Rumors have it that the two were dating for nearly two years, but split soon after the series was over. She is also rumored to have been dating the popular actor Tom Ellis sometime in the past, and the two were the main topic in tinsel town.
Zoe is currently rumored to be dating a man from the set of “Frontier”, as the two have been seen by their fans while walking hand in hand, however, Zoe hasn’t addressed these rumors and therefore nothing about her current relationship status can be claimed with certainty.
Judging by her social media accounts, Zoe currently appears to be single, hasn’t married, and doesn’t have any kids.
Hobbies and other interests
Zoe might be very passionate about movies and TV series as she likes to watch them as much as she enjoys acting in them, however, she has other interests as well.
- Zoe is a fashionista and is a bit of a shopaholic – she often uploads pictures of her outfits onto her Instagram account.
- She seems to be fond of beer as she can frequently be seen drinking it.
- She sees travelling as her main hobby and has been all around Europe – she has had a chance to visit some of the less known but beautiful countries in the Balkans including Montenegro and Bosnia while she also went to the US on several occasions.
- She is a fan of flowers and is a hopeless romantic – she enjoys getting flowers on her dates, and watching romantic movies with her partner.
- Zoe is a huge lover of music and although she had a dream of becoming a musician as well, her voice doesn’t support it.
Appearance and net worth
Zoe is currently 30 years old. She has long red hair and blue eyes, and is 5ft 7ins (1.7m) tall while her weight is not known.
According to authoritative sources, her current net worth is estimated to be more than $2 million, and is steadily rising thanks to her career as an actress.
— Zoe Boyle (@zoeboyley) March 18, 2018
Social media presence
Zoe is quite active on several popular social media networks, as it is important for her career of an actress to maintain a good image on the internet. She launched her Twitter account in July 2012 and has gathered more than 7,000 followers, and tweeted nearly 1,000 times. Her Instagram account currently numbers more than 8,500 followers, and nearly 130 pictures uploaded onto it – she is also running a Facebook page, which is currently followed by more than 900 fans.
|Full Name||Zoe Boyle|
|Awards||Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series|
|TV Shows||Downton Abbey, The Astronaut Wives Club|
|Frontier||2016||TV Series||Grace Emberly|
|Harry Price: Ghost Hunter||2015||TV Movie||Grace Goodwin|
|The Astronaut Wives Club||2015||TV Series||Jo Schirra|
|Masterpiece Mystery||2014||TV Series|
|Blandings||2014||TV Series||Pauline Petite|
|Breathless||2013||TV Series||Jean Truscott / Jean Meecher|
|Bad Girls||2012||TV Movie||Cate Patterson|
|Downton Abbey||2011||TV Series||Lavinia Swire|
|Sons of Anarchy||2010||TV Series||Trinity Ashby|
|Ghost Whisperer||2009||TV Series||Amber Heaton|
|Grey's Anatomy||2009||TV Series||Clara Ferguson|
|Inspector Lewis||2009||TV Series||Hope Ransome|
|King Lear||2008||TV Movie||Lady in Waiting|
|Great Performances||2008||TV Series||Lady in Waiting|
|Agatha Christie's Poirot||2008||TV Series||Jinny Boynton|
|Ghost Whisperer||2009||TV Series performer - 1 episode|
|This Morning||2011||TV Series||Herself|
|2013||Actor||Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Downton Abbey (2010)|