• Alfredo Villa (Prettyboyfredo) is a YouTube personality who mainly uploads videos pertaining to the “NBA 2K” video game franchise
• His net worth is estimated at ~$2 million
• He was not raised by his biological parents and had a difficult childhood, but still managed to enroll at the University of Central Florida (UCF)
• He created his YouTube channel in 2009 and gained fame and income from it through his videos, particularly those related to NBA 2K
• He is active on social media with over 1.5 million followers on YouTube and almost 400,000 on Twitter
Who is Prettyboyfredo?
Alfredo Villa was born on 20 August 1993, in Palm Beach, Florida, USA, and is a YouTube personality, known online as Prettyboyfredo for his channel on which he mainly uploads videos pertaining to the “NBA 2K” video game franchise. He also uploads other types of content such as vlogs, pranks, and challenges.
The Net Worth of Prettyboyfredo
As of late-2019 net worth is ~$2 million.
Early Life and Education
He was not raised by his biological parents as he was apparently given up for adoption by his parents at a young age, and subsequently experienced a lot of trouble during his youth. Despite that, he still managed to gain enough support to continue his education.
He enrolled at the University of Central Florida (UCF). The state university is known for having more students enrolled on campus than any other US university, with over 66,000 students spanning 157 countries and all 50 states, now offering over 200 degrees through 13 colleges. The school was founded in 1963 with the intention of providing more personnel to support the US space program. The school has awarded over 290,000 degrees, and their athletic team also competes in NCAA Division I. It was during his time in the university that he became interested in starting an online career.
YouTube Career and NBA 2K
Prettyboyfredo created his YouTube channel in 2009, but didn’t really intend on creating content just yet, so it wasn’t until 2014 that he started posting videos there. He wanted to gain fame and income through his channel like many aspiring YouTubers do. Content creators can earn income from Google directly through their AdSense program, which provides advertising revenue. He managed to flourish despite the website being highly competitive, with it having essentially the largest online video library featuring clips, documentaries, music videos, films, trailers, video blogs (vlogs), and many more.
He decided to focus initially on the video game franchise “NBA 2K”. The game as the name denotes, is a basketball simulation game based around the National Basketball Association (NBA), existing since 1999 and emulating NBA basketball. Each annual installment showcases improvements over previous ones, published by 2K Sports. The franchise has released 18 main installments with several spin-offs on 18 platforms. The game has consistently achieved critical and commercial success, making it one of the best-selling series based on the NBA. As of December 2018, the 2K franchise has sold around 90 million units.
Transition and Streaming
Eventually, Prettyboyfredo received more attention for other types of videos, which included pranks, vlogs, challenges, and the like. This increased his subscribership significantly, as he gained over five million due to his content. This led him to do more of these types of videos instead of gaming videos. The fame he got would lead him to an increase in income, which he used to help fuel his video content. He started doing shopping sprees, charity endeavors, challenges which involved a lot of money, and his videos attracted millions of views in return. He also bought luxury cars, sneakers, and more which he showcased through videos.
While he has seemingly put gaming behind him on YouTube, he continues to be very passionate about it, and at times, streams from a channel on Twitch. Twitch is a live streaming platform owned by Amazon, and focuses on video game live streaming though it recently integrated other types of streaming. It is considered one of the most popular platforms of its kind, with over 2.2 million broadcasters and over 15 million using the website actively. While he loves playing “NBA 2K” games, he also plays other games he is interested in through his channel.
— Prettyboyfredo (@Prettyboyfredo) October 5, 2019
Personal Life and Social Media
Prettyboyfredo was previously engaged t long-term partner Jasmine. They were together since the mid-2010s, and she had become a public personality thanks to being featured in many of her ex-fiancé’s videos. The two have a child together, and became engaged, but eventually broke-up in mid-2019. Since then, he’s been teasing having other girlfriends, multiple girlfriends, and even having an assistant that he may be involved with. Despite the two no longer being together, she still appears regularly on his channel.
- YouTube with over 1.5 million followers, and the account gives a bit of insight towards his life away from the cameras. He doesn’t like taking picture revealing his full face, often from the side or having some means to cover his face.
- Twitter on which he has almost 400,000 followers, and on which he is very active, posting several times a day.
- There are also fan pages of him on other accounts. He mentions through his accounts that while he didn’t have the best upbringing, he found a way to make his life better, and anyone else can do so as well.