Who is Lauren Scala on NBC NY? Wiki Bio
Lauren Scala was born in Mineola, New York State USA, on 10 February 1982 – her zodiac sign is Aquarius and she holds American nationality. Lauren is a reporter, currently working for the NBC NY network.
Early life and education
She spent her childhood in Mineola, where she was raised by her parents alongside her three siblings. Her mother is a housewife, while her father was an airborne trooper who fought in Vietnam in the 173rd Air Brigade – he died in 2007 after losing a battle to cancer.
Sippin’ on Summer at the Seaport.?☀️?? Devouring the new @Pier17ny today for @newyorklivetv.
Lauren attended Mineola High School, and after matriculation enrolled at Fordham University, from which she graduated in 2004 with a bachelor’s degree in Journalism.
Struggling with weight loss
Lauren was struggling somewhat with her weight while in high school and university, as she weighed over 160lbs (72kgs) and wore dress size 12. After learning she couldn’t work on TV with that weight, she began going to the gym and took on a strict diet, losing weight and getting in shape in a year.
Career as a reporter and other jobs
Lauren launched her career in 2005 when she began working for DreamWorks as an associate producer – she stayed with them for two years before switching to the Metro Goldwyn Mayer movie studio for a year, then in 2008 joined Time Out New York On Demand, which no longer exists, where she served as an associate producer.
At the beginning of 2009 Lauren became part of the NYC TV team, and was given an opportunity to host the 52nd Annual New York Emmy Awards.
In 2010, she began co-hosting the “City Scoop” TV show airing on NYC TV.
In 2010, she joined the NBC and WNBC crew, and soon began hosting several shows such as “New York Non-Stop”, “Nonstop Sound”, and “The Great American Health Challenge” among others. Simultaneously, she was hosting WNBC’s “Live Interactive Trivia Game” until 2012.
Lauren mostly gained recognition after she began hosting NBC’s “In The Wings” show, which kept up with everything going on on Broadway – NBC New York teamed up with Broadway.com in 2011 to create this half-hour show, which premiered on 18 March 2011 on the “New York Nonstop” cable channel.
The first episode was hosted by Maria Sansone, who interviewed John Leguizamo, a star of the “Ghetto Klown” comedy movie, while the episode also showed a behind-the-scenes look at the “Catch Me If You Can” musical, as well as many other Broadway.com short video features.
Lauren soon became, and is still the host of the show, while she is simultaneously working as a traffic reporter for WNBC’s “Today In New York”.
Love life and boyfriend
Lauren appears to be engaged to a mysterious man, after she was seen wearing a ring on her ring finger in January 2013 – this was noticed by a fan during her show, who later asked her on Twitter on about the ring, and whether or not she was indeed engaged. Lauren has not responded to the fan’s question and it is believed that the popular TV reporter has already married her other half, in the summer of 2014.
Hobbies and other interests
- Lauren is a shopaholic, who goes shopping for clothes whenever she has some free time; her favorite ‘color’ is white.
- She is a big lover of animals, and has a pet white Maltese dog named Lola.
- One of her main hobbies is travelling.
- She is also a big fan of cooking. often sharing her recipes and ideas with her fans on Twitter and Instagram.
- She likes to listen to jazz and blues music with her favorite performers being Frank Sinatra and Nina Simone.
- She is a fan of the film industry as well, with her favorite actor and actress being Richard Gere and Penelope Cruz, while her favorite movies are the “Harry Potter” franchise, and “Ghost in the Shell” which is an adaptation of an eponymous Japanese animated film.
- She enjoys photography, and has stated how she would have launched a career in photography if she hadn’t made it in the field of journalism.
- Lauren’s favorite season is winter, as she is very fond of winter sports and is an avid ice skater, and is also good at skiing and snowboarding.
- She likes summer as well, mostly because of beach sports such as volleyball and soccer.
Being a motivator
With the help of her show “The Great American Health Challenge”, Lauren is to be credited with helping numerous people quit smoking, go out and exercise, and follow a healthy diet. The show follows participants from each New York borough who compete in a series of tasks related to food, exercise, and other things such as spending days without smoking, having more sleep, and spending more time without their phones. Lauren has stated that she identifies with the contestants, saying ‘I have endured some similar experiences as the contestants – not only will it change the contestants’ lives, but I know it will change mine, too.’
The show was a success, as Lauren has received numerous letters and tweets stating how she has helped people change their lives for the better.
Appearance and net worth
Lauren is 37 years old. She has long brown hair and brown eyes, is 5ft 5ins (1.65m) tall, weighs around 125lbs (57kgs), and her vital statistics are 26-32-33. She wears shoes size six. Her net worth is over $1.5 million, as of late 2019.