• Rachel De Barros is an Executive Producer and host of the “All Girls Garage” reality TV series.
• She was born in Washington DC, USA in 1978 and has a degree in marketing.
• She is a member of the SEMA Businesswomen’s Network and Young Executive Network.
• Rachel has a net worth of approximately $1.5 million and is active on various social media platforms.
• Her hobbies include music, travelling, watching movies, and a love for animals.
What happened to Rachel De Barros? Wiki Bio
Rachel De Barros was born in Washington DC USA, on 4 August 1978, so under the zodiac sign of Leo and holding American nationality – Rachel came into the spotlight after becoming the executive producer and the host of the “All Girls Garage” reality TV series. She is still actively working on the show, even though some believe that she left the cast several months ago.
Early life and education
Rachel’s parents are originally from Brazil, both born in Feliz Natal – her father worked as an electrician while her mother is said to be a housewife. They came to the US a couple of years before Rachel was born – she also has an older sister, and the two are very close.
Rachel mostly fell in love with cars thanks to her uncle, who has been interested in cars throughout his life, and is currently running an auto repair shop based in Washington DC – Rachel hasn’t talked much about her family, as she prefers not to get them involved in the media.
She matriculated from high school in 1996, and enrolled at Ohio University in the same year – she graduated with a bachelor’s degree in marketing in 2000, but realizing she was more interested in cars, she then enrolled at the Philadelphia Automotive Training School to learn more about cars.
She was mostly focused on her automotive training & repair program, which she credits with most of the knowledge she has regarding cars today.
While she was still attending college, Rachel was fixing cars of her friends whom she studied with – she was also working for a couple of companies, and served as a spokesperson.
Since the launch of her career, Rachel has been a member of the “SEMA Businesswomen’s Network” as well as “SEMA Young Executive Network” – ‘SEMA’ stands for ‘Speed Equipment Manufacturing Association’. As she has a degree in marketing, she has also been helping several companies with their marketing strategies, while she eventually launched her own company called Purple Star Media, LLC in May 2006.
She went on to become a host of the “All Girls Garage” (AGG) reality TV show – its first episode aired on the Velocity network on 3 March 2012, and was an instant hit. Rachel is still shooting for the show, hosting it together with Sarah Lateiner and Cristy Lee. She is popular for deconstructing, repairing parts, disassembling and reassembling cars, while she also works on motorcycles. Other than just entertaining people, the show also teaches them about electrical procedures, and how to do and fix numerous things on their cars and motorcycles.
Love life and relationships
Rachel is very secretive when it comes to her love life, as she hasn’t shared many details regarding her past and present affairs with the public. Rachel has been completely focused on her career of a TV personality and a mechanic, and hasn’t uploaded a single picture with a man onto her social media accounts.
As she hasn’t talked about any men she’s been friends with or has dated, she is rumored to be a lesbian, while some of her fans have even stated to have seen her walking the streets with her girlfriend.
Rachel hasn’t confirmed these rumors, and therefore nothing about her sexual orientation can be said with certainty.
Hobbies and likes
Rachel might appear to be all about cars (and she is) but there are still a couple of other things she is interested in.
- Rachel is a huge fan of NASA and is interested in everything that has anything to do with investigating space.
- She is very fond of music and often goes to local pubs to listen to live rock and jazz music performers.
- Rachel also likes watching movies while some of her favorites are the “Fast and Furious” franchise and “Harry Potter” franchise.
- She enjoys travelling and her job and her show often make it possible for her to travel all around the state to attend the most popular car events.
- She is very fond of food and enjoys tasting various cuisines – she sometimes even uploads pictures of herself eating onto her Instagram account.
- Rachel is also a lover of animals, and has a pet dog – name unknown.
Why has Rachel left AGG?
While a lot of people think (for no reason) that Rachel has left the “All Girls Garage” show and no longer serves as its host, this turned out to be a false rumor put on the internet. Rachel is still part of the show, and is still one of its hosts.
Appearance and net worth
- Long brown hair
- Black eyes
- Height 5ft 2in (1.57m)
- Body 32-24-32
- Shoes size 7
- Net worth is ~$1.5 million
Presence on the internet
Rachel is very active on the internet, as this is very important for the show which she is the host of, while she also uses her accounts to advertise her own company.
She launched her Twitter account in October 2010 and has since gathered more than 9,300 followers and has tweeted nearly 1,800 times. She is more popular on her Instagram account which has more than 33,000 followers, while she’s uploaded over 500 pictures onto it – she has a Facebook page as well, which counts more than 27,000 fans.