• Zabdiel De Jesús is a 22-year-old Puerto Rican-American pop singer and member of the boy band 'CNCO', known for hit singles such as "Tan Fácil" and "Reggaetón Lento (Bailemos)".
• His net worth is close to $1 million, and 'CNCO' has a net worth of over $4 million.
• Zabdiel developed his love for music under the influence of his musician father, and learned to play various instruments including the piano, guitar, ukulele, mandolin, and drums.
• He rose to prominence after winning the Spanish-language singing competition series "La Banda" in 2015 and forming the boy band 'CNCO' with four other musicians.
• The band released their debut album "Primera Cita" in 2016, which earned them the Lo Nuestro Award for Pop Album of the Year in 2017 and was certified gold by AMPROFON, ASINCOL, and RIAA.
- 1 Who is Zabdiel De Jesús?
- 2 How rich is he, as of now? Zabdiel De Jesús Net Worth
- 3 Early Life, Nationality, Ethnicity, Educational Background
- 4 Career Beginnings: “La Banda” and CNCO
- 5 Rise to Prominence: “One World Tour” and Debut Album “Primera Cita”
- 6 Continued Success: “Más Allá” World Tour and Second Album “CNCO”
- 7 Recent Projects and Debut EP “Que Quienes Somos”
- 8 Appearance and Vital Statistics
- 9 Personal Life, Hobbies, Favorites
Who is Zabdiel De Jesús?
Zabdiel De Jesús Colón was born on 13 December 1997 under the sign of Sagittarius, in Bayamón, Puerto Rico, so has both Puerto Rican and American nationality. He is a 22-year-old pop singer, probably best recognized for being a member of the boy band ‘CNCO’, which has released such hit singles as “Tan Fácil”, “Reggaetón Lento (Bailemos)”, and “Hej DJ”.
How rich is he, as of now? Zabdiel De Jesús Net Worth
Zabdiel De Jesús’ net worth is close to $1 million, acquired from his successful career in the music industry as a part of one of the most popular Latino boy bands in the world.
The total size of the net worth of ‘CNCO’ is over $4 million.
Early Life, Nationality, Ethnicity, Educational Background
Zabdiel De Jesús was raised in his hometown of Bayamón by his father, Carlos De Jesús, a musician, and his mother, Noemi Colón Gandia. He has an elder brother, named Carlos Xavier De Jesús, who is also a musician. He is of mixed ethnicity. Under the influence of his father, Zabdiel developed his love for music and learned to play various instruments, including the piano, guitar, ukulele, mandolin, and drums, and even sang in his church’s salsa and hip-hop groups.
Moreover, he trained in ballet too, and performed at the prestigious academy Ballet Concierto.
Career Beginnings: “La Banda” and CNCO
Zabdiel De Jesús started his career in 2015, when he participated in an audition for the first season of the Spanish-language singing competition series entitled “La Banda”, created by Simon Cowell and Ricky Martin. Zabdiel then was put together with four other musicians, Christopher Vélez, Erick Brian Colón, Richard Camacho, and Joel Pimentel, to create the boy band called ‘CNCO’.
He soon became famous since the band won the series, after performing the song “Devuélveme Mi Corazón”. So, they signed a recording contract over the next five years with Sony Music Latin. Moreover, Ricky Martin became their representative, and Wisin was chosen to produce their debut album.
Rise to Prominence: “One World Tour” and Debut Album “Primera Cita”
In January 2016, their debut single “Tan Fácil” was released and it topped the US iTunes Latino charts.
In the following month, they started performing on Ricky Martin’s “One World Tour”, while their second single “Quisiera” came out in May, and in August 2016 the band released their debut studio album “Primera Cita”, produced by rapper Wisin.
It consists of 14 tracks, such as the hit single “Reggaetón Lento (Bailemos)”, which reached No. 6 on the Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart, and peaked at No. 11 on the Bubbling Under Hot 100, and peaked at No. 39 on the Billboard 200 chart. The album earned them the Lo Nuestro Award for Pop Album of the Year in 2017, and was certified gold by AMPROFON (Mexico), ASINCOL (Colombia) and RIAA (the United States), and topped the Billboard Top Latin Albums chart.
Posted by Zabdiel De Jesus on Sunday, January 20, 2019
The music video for “Reggaetón Lento (Bailemos)” has amassed over 1.5 billion views.
Continued Success: “Más Allá” World Tour and Second Album “CNCO”
In early 2017, the band started their world tour “Más Allá”, and performed in the US, South America, Spain and Portugal. They also started working on their second studio album, with the lead single “Hey DJ”, featuring Yandel, released in April of the same year, followed by the remix of “Reggaetón Lento”, featuring the girl band ‘Little Mix’. During the same year, they also released their third single, entitled “Mamita”.
Their second album is self-titled and was released in April 2018, becoming a huge success, since it topped the Billboard Top Latin Albums and reached No. 33 on the Billboard 200 chart.
It also earned platinum certification by RIAA, AMPROFON, and IFPI Peru, and gold by CAPIF (Argentina). They won the 2018 Latin American Music Award for Favorite Pop/Rock Album and the 2019 Billboard Latin Music Award for Latin Pop Album of the Year. In 2018, they also released such non-album singles as “Llegaste Tú”, featuring Prince Royce, and the remix of “Hej DJ”, featuring Sean Paul and Meghan Trainor. They then started the CNCO World Tour with a concert in Guatemala.
Recent Projects and Debut EP “Que Quienes Somos”
In early 2019 they released the single “Pretend”, followed by their debut extended play (EP) “Que Quiénes Somos”, which peaked at No. 12 on the Billboard Top Latin Albums chart. They then collaborated with Abraham Mateo on the single “Me Vuelvo Loco, and also released the single “Pegao”, featuring Manuel Turizo. Most recently, the band featured on Lali Espósito’s song “Como Así”.
Appearance and Vital Statistics
The famous Puerto Rican pop singer Zabdiel De Jesús has short blonde dyed hair, which is naturally dark brown, and dark brown eyes. He stands at a height of 5ft 11ins (1.80m), while he weighs around 160lbs (72kgs).
Personal Life, Hobbies, Favorites
- Zabdiel De Jesús is still single, with no reports of romantic affiliations.
- His current residence is in Miami, Florida.
- Zabdiel is huge fan of the “Harry Potter” book series.
- His favorite actress is Emma Watson.
- His favorite musician is Sam Smith.
- His favorite color is blue.
- In his spare time, Zabdiel enjoys dancing.
- He enjoys spicy food.