• Ariane Bourdain was born in 2007 in New York City and is the daughter of the late Anthony Bourdain, a chef, writer, and TV personality.
• Ariane has been practicing judo and jiu-jitsu since she was four years old and is currently attending Junior School in New York City.
• Anthony Bourdain studied at Vassar College and the Culinary Institute of America before becoming an executive chef at Brasserie Les Halles restaurant in Manhattan.
• He was a successful writer, publishing several cookery books, non-fiction books, and magazine essays.
• He was also a TV host, most notably for the show “Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown”. Ariane is 12 years old, has long brown hair and blue eyes, and will eventually benefit from her father's $16 million net worth.
Who is Anthony Bourdain’s daughter? Ariane Bourdain Wiki Bio
Ariane Bourdain was born on a ‘plane in New York City USA on 28 November 2007 – her zodiac sign is Sagittarius, and she holds American nationality. She is popular just for being the daughter of Anthony Bourdain, a chef, writer, and TV personality.
Early life and education
Ariane has been growing up in New York City, and is being raised by her mother Ottavia Busia as her parents divorced when she was nine, and her father committed suicide on 8 June 2018. She has no siblings and is currently attending Junior School in New York City.
Ariane began practicing judo and jiu-jitsu when she was four years old, and pictures from her training sessions can be seen on her mother’s Instagram account.
Who was Ariane’s father? Anthony Bourdain Wiki Bio
Anthony Michael Bourdain, Ariane’s father, was born in New York City on 25 June 1956 – his birth sign was Cancer and he held American nationality. He was a chef, writer, and a travel documentarian, best known for his book “Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly” in 2000.
Anthony grew up in Leonia in New Jersey alongside his younger brother; the two were born to Pierre and Gladys – his mother, a staff editor at “The New York Times” magazine, was Jewish, while his father, an executive who worked for Columbia Records, was Catholic, and Anthony always considered himself to be Jewish. He began watching movies when he was eight years old, and would often go with his friends to a restaurant to discuss the movies they saw – he was also a member of the Boy Scouts of America.
Star Ferry to Kowloon. Hong Kong @PartsUnknownCNN Sunday Night @AsiaArgento @dukefeng52 pic.twitter.com/eVwm33uTQ6
— Anthony Bourdain (@Bourdain) May 30, 2018
He became interested in food while spending a holiday with his family in France – he was on a fisherman’s boat when he tried his first oyster. He studied at the Dwight-Englewood School in New Jersey, and then enrolled at the Vassar College, quitting after two years of study. He began working in seafood restaurants, and decided to make a career as a chef enrolling at The Culinary Institute of America from which he graduated in 1978 – he ran several restaurants in New York City, such as One Fifth Avenue, Supper Club, and Sullivan’s.
He began working at Brasserie Les Halles restaurant in Manhattan as their executive chef – at that time, the restaurant was one of the most popular in New York City, and it had more venues in Miami, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. Anthony stayed at the restaurant until 2004, and it closed in 2017 after becoming bankrupt.
He published his first cookery book – “Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly” – in 2000, and it was a bestseller. His second cookery book, “Medium Raw: A Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and the People Who Cook” was published in 2010.
In 2001, he released his first non-fiction book entitled “A Cook’s Tour” and his second “The Nasty Bits” in 2006 – some of his other books are “Anthony Bourdain’s Les Halles Cookbooks”, “Bone in the Throat”, and “No Reservations: Around the World on an Empty Stomach”. Numerous magazines published his essays and stories, including “The New York Times”, “The Observer”, and “Los Angeles Times” among others. He wrote a blog about the third season of the “Top Chef” reality TV show, which in 2008 was nominated for a Webby Award . The last book he wrote before his death was “Get Jiro!”, a graphic novel, in 2012.
Anthony was a TV host best known for hosting “A Cook’s Tour” which counted 35 episodes from 2002 to 2003. In 2005, he began hosting “Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations” which was shown on the Travel Channel until 2012. He started hosting “The Layover” on 21 November 2011, and it counted 20 episodes before it ended in 2013. In the same year, he began hosting “Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown”, which featured the (now former) President of the United States, Barack Obama in an episode, which aired in September 2016. Anthony remained host of the show until his death on June 8 2018 when he hanged himself in the room he rented at the Le Chambard hotel in Kaysersberg, Alsace, France.
Posted by Anthony Bourdain on Monday, June 6, 2016
His first marriage was in 1985 to Nancy Putkoski, his high school sweetheart, and they stayed together until 2005. On 20 April 2007, Anthony married Ottavia Busin, Ariane’s mother who was a mixed martial artist, therefore sparking Ariane’s interest in jiu-jitsu and judo. They separated in 2016, and Anthony went on to date Asia Argento, an Italian actress, with whom he stayed until his death.
Anthony was addicted to drugs and used cannabis, psilocybin mushrooms, and amphetamines – he was also a heavy smoker, of two packs per day.
Ariane’s likes and other interests
- Ariane is in love with judo while she is also very fond of jiu-jitsu, and is currently taking lessons in both.
- She likes to travel, and her mother has already taken her to several places around the USA – the place she is looking forward to visiting is London.
- She is also very keen on reading, with “Harry Potter” books written by J. K. Rowling being her favorite.
- She enjoys watching movies too, while her favorite actor and actress are Daniel Radcliffe and Jennifer Lawrence – her favorite movies are “Swiss Army Man” and “Silver Linings Playbook”.
- She likes eating tasty food – her favorites are pizza, pasta, and Italian food in general.
- Her favorite colors are pink and purple.
Appearance and net worth
Ariane is 12 years old. She has long brown hair and blue eyes, is 4ft 11ins (1.25m) tall and weighs around 70lbs (32kgs). Her vital statistics are 29-24-30, and she wears shoes size four. Her father Anthony’s net worth was over $16 million at the time of his death, from which she will eventually benefit.