Mina Sundwall (Lost in Space) Wiki Biography
Mina Sundwall was born in New York City, USA, on 23 October 2001, so under the zodiac sign of Scorpio and holding American nationality – she is popular for her acting career, especially for her role in the “Lost in Space” TV series.
Early life and education
Mina spent her entire childhood in New York City alongside her parents – she can rarely be heard talking about them as she appreciates their privacy as much as her own. She seems to be an only child, as she hasn’t mentioned having any siblings.
She grew up watching TV series and movies with her mother, and fell in love with the actresses she saw – she promised to herself she would make her way into the film industry one day, and had support of both her parents. She was only 10 years old when she landed her first role in the “Celebrity Ghost Stories” documentary TV series, and her career of an actress was launched.
Mina has just matriculated from high school, and it appears as she is not going to enroll at college but will rather focus on her career of an actress.
Mina’s acting career
Mina’s career was launched in 2012 with her role of “Kathy” in “Celebrity Ghost Stories”, but it took her two years to land her next role, as Young Petra in the psychological thriller movie “A Good Marriage” – she played Mia Harris in a single episode of the “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” TV series in the same year. The first role which really made Mina recognized in the film industry was that of Justine in the “Maggie’s Plan” romantic comedy drama movie shot in 2015 – she went on to appear in the “Freeheld” and “#Horror” movies later that year. Today, Mina is popular for the last role she has landed, in 2018 – she is playing Penny Robinson in the “Lost in Space” TV series.
This is a science fiction TV series closely based on the 1965 series of the same name, which follows the story of a family of space colonists who are now lost in space. Mina is also trying to make her way into the modelling industry, and has so far been featured in a couple of magazines.
The most popular female actresses of today
Ever since the launch of the film industry, the world has seen numerous amazing actors and actresses – some say that today’s actresses are the best in the history of film, and are often better than their male partners. The Ranker website has compiled a list of the most popular female actresses of today and we are going to mention five of them:
- Fifth place is held by Kate Winslet – Kate is an English actress best known for her roles in “Titanic” movie shot in 1997 which was the highest grossing film of all-time back then, and “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” alongside Jim Carrey;
- Julianne Moore is in fourth place, and who is also a children’s author – she is popular for her appearances in “The Big Lebowski” in 1998, “Children of Men” in 2006, and “Kingsman: The Golden Circle” shot in 2017;
- In third place is Dame Helen Lydia Mirren– her career was launched in 1967 when she began performing with the Royal Shakespeare Company and she is popular for her roles in “The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover” movie shot in 1989 and “The Leisure Seeker” shot in 2017;
- Second place is held by Meryl Streep, who is considered to be the best actress of her generation – she is popular for her roles in “Kramer vs. Kramer” movie shot in 1979, “The French Lieutenant’s Woman” (1981), and “Florence Foster Jenkins” in 2016;
- Top place goes to Cate Blanchett who is also a theatre director – she has received two Academy Awards, three Golden Globe Awards, and three BAFTA Awards. She is popular for her roles in “Elizabeth” movie shot in 1998, “The Lord of the Rings” trilogy, “The Hobbit” trilogy, and “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” movie (2008).
While Mina is an actress with amazing skills, she is nowhere to be found in the list of the most popular female actresses in the world compiled by The Ranker website.
Mina’s love life and relationships
Mina is very secretive when it comes to her love life, as she hasn’t shared any details regarding her past and present affairs with the public. Mina is a supporter of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community, however, she is straight, and has admitted to have a crush on Cole Sprouse who is an actor as well.
Mina was rumored to be dating a fellow actor back in 2015 after the two met on the set of one of the TV series she worked on – they were allegedly dating for nearly four months before calling it quits for unknown reasons.
Mina is currently rumored to be dating a boy whom she acts with in the “Lost in Space” TV series, but this hasn’t been confirmed by her, and judging by her social media accounts and her secrecy, she currently appears to be single, hasn’t married, and doesn’t have any kids.
Hobbies and other interests
Mina might appear to be completely focused on her career of an actress but she has several other interests as well.
— Mina Sundwall (@MinaSundwall) August 15, 2019
- She is a good musician, and learnt to play the piano and the guitar over the years – she sometimes uploads videos of her singing and playing the guitar onto her Instagram account.
- She is a supporter of gun control, and was part of the March for Our Lives campaign.
- She is also interested in travelling to other countries such as Ghana to work with underprivileged people and to help improve their lives.
- She is very interested in working with children as well and would like to become a teacher in the future.
- Mina loves playing video games but admits not to be very good at them – her favorite games are “FIFA” and “Need For Speed Carbon”.
- While she was still a kid, Mina had the dream of becoming a forensic pathologist, but that changed over the course of years.
- She has a fear of the dark which is called nyctophobia.
- She cannot eat spinach, and is intolerant to lactose.
- Her current dream is to star in a French movie.
Appearance and net worth
Mina is currently 17 years old. She has long brown hair and blue eyes, while her height and weight are not known.
According to authoritative sources, her current net worth is estimated to be more than $200,000, and is steadily rising thanks to her career as an actress.
Social media presence
Mina is quite active on several popular social media networks, as this is very important for her acting career.
She launched her Twitter account in February 2013 and has so far gathered more than 10,000 followers and tweeted over 850 times. Her Instagram account is currently followed by nearly 75,000 people, while she’s posted more than 350 pictures onto it – Mina is running a Facebook page as well, which currently counts more than 4,300 fans.