• Li-Ling Grace Chee, better known as Lily Chee, was born in Atlanta, Georgia in 2003 and currently lives in Brooklyn, New York.
• She is multi-racial and holds dual citizenships of Canada and the US.
• She began her career in modelling from the age of nine, and has modelled for big brands such as Levi's, Nike, Kohl's, Target and Old Navy.
• She also has a YouTube channel and has appeared in various TV shows and films, such as Daredevil, Chicken Girls, and The Other Two.
• She has an estimated net worth of over $200,000 as of 2020.
Early life, family, educational background
Actress and model Li-Ling Grace Chee, better known as Lily Chee, was born on 19 September 2003, in Atlanta, Georgia USA. She is Asian-American, with half-Chinese origins through her father, Max Chee – her mother is Rebecca Chee. Lily currently lives in Brooklyn, New York City, US.
Nuala and Mabel are her two younger sisters. She enjoys spending time with both of them and is considered responsible for getting Mabel into modeling by introducing her sister to the modeling agency.
Their other sister, Nuala, is also a social media star – their mother calls them the Cheebirds. They bond in several different ways, planning dance parties together, attempting YouTube challenges, and watching movies.
Family’s personal life
Her father is of Malaysian and Chinese descent, but his nationality is Canadian. Her mother is of Irish and Scottish descent, and her nationality is American, also holding Canadian citizenship. Therefore, Lily is multiracial, multi-ethnicity and holds dual citizenships of Canada and the US.
One of Wilhelmina Models’ talent agents, Teri, discovered Lily when she was in a supermarket, with her father after a soccer game. When Teri approached her, Lily was more than happy to try out a career in modelling, which she began from the age of nine. Currently, she is still represented by Wilhelmina Models, but also by Don Buchwalk & Associates.
She has modeled for big brands such as Levi’s, Nike, Kohl’s, Target and Old Navy.
She has walked for the designer, Alivia Simone in the event, Petite Parade.
From commercials, she moved into acting gigs, in 2016 playing young Elektra in the Netflix series, “Daredevil” – Elodie Yung plays the older Elektra. Even though her role was small, her dedication, talent and passion was clearly visible and appreciated by the viewers. Her reputation was boosted because she performed some stunts during filming, almost as flawlessly as a professional would.
In 2017 she appeared in the crime action film “Sunset Park” as the young Jessica Rho, and from 2018 to 2019 she played Britney in 24 episodes of “Chicken Girls.” Also in 2018 she appeared in Annie LeBlanc’s music video for “Don’t Keep Me Guessing,” a song from season three of “Chicken Girls.” In late 2019, she began starring in the production company Brat’s web series, “Zoe Valentine” as Britney from “Chicken Girls”, and also made an appearance as a model in the television series, “The Other Two.”
Lily has a YouTube channel – her videos feature make-up routines, sister tags, skincare routines and challenges. A few of her most-viewed videos are “My Nightime Routine,” “Everyday Make-up Routine,” and “2018 January Favorites.” Each of them has garnered a couple of thousand views.
She is very private about her own life. She is close friends with fellow actor William Franklyn Miller, and the two are a rumored couple, but neither of them has confirmed these suspicions.
Hobbies, favorite things and interesting facts
- is involved with “Pencils of Promise,” a global foundation which focuses on providing quality education to underprivileged children everywhere in the world.
- loves traveling. Her parents and sisters often accompany her on foreign trips.
- enjoys playing soccer, especially with her father.
- Shows-off her dog, Sugar, in her videos. It is evident that she thoroughly enjoys playing with her dog and displaying her love for Sugar on her social media.
- can often be found enjoying the ocean, either swimming or surfing.
- attended ballet and hip-hop classes.
- Her celebrity inspirations are Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande and Olivia Jade.
- Fragrance is Pure Lavender.
- Perfume is Jo Malone Orange Blossom.
- Make-up product is highlight, of which Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, Opal Shade is her favorite.
- Destination is Iceland.
- School subjects are History, Biology and U.S. Government.
- Television series are “Gossip Girl,” “The Office” and “Grey’s Anatomy.”
- Books are the Harry Potter series, “Catcher in the Rye”, and the Selection series.
- Food is coconut bowls.
She has dark brown eyes and dark brown hair. She stands at 5ft 9ins (1.75m) tall, and weighs around 126 lbs (57 kgs).
Net worth and salary
Her primary sources of income are acting and modeling. Her salary is unknown, but her net worth is estimated at over $200 000, as of early 2020.